On2In2™ is all about having fun and lots of it; however, your privacy is taken seriously at Zeester Media LLC, and online safety and security is an essential element of Zeester company principles. Unfortunately, there are many inherent risks when using the internet, making the maintenance of a totally safe web environment challenging, if not impossible, but there are things we can all do to help reduce risks and limit the damage.
Privacy/Security policies regarding the use of On2In2™ website and related services (collectively referred to here as “on2in2 Services”) regarding user information and data collection, use, transfer, storage, and protective measures are published here on this page. These provisions are incorporated and included within the terms and conditions of On2In2™ Terms of Service. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Zeester Media LLC.
You understand that by using on2in2 Services, you consent to the collection, transfer, manipulation, processing, storage, disclosure and other uses of your personally identifiable information and aggregate data in the United States (regardless of your location or country of residence) and outside the United States pursuant to the policies and practices described here in these On2In2™ privacy and security policies.
(Note: Privacy laws are not uniform among governmental jurisdictions and the digital world changes rapidly, and this makes things more complicated for websites and users of the internet. We can’t solve the complexities of the internet, but we do strive to make your experience with On2In2™ safe and enjoyable as well as to implement policies and procedures that are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.)
a. Our Information Collection, Use, Sharing and Disclosure. We collect both personal and non-identifying information from:
i) user information (e.g. name, location, photo) and contact information (e.g., email address, cell phone number) you voluntarily provide on2in2 upon “Engage” account registration, email newsletter and notification sign up, and within your personal Engage profile page,
ii) messages, comments, email communications, and content you choose to post online or communicate to us offline, and
iii) technical tools (e.g. “cookies” and “log data”) which collect usage data when you browse or use on2in2 Services.
1) User Account and Profile Information. Most of the basic information you provide upon registration as an on2in2 ‘Engage’ account user will not be publicly listed on the on2in2 Services unless you decide to publicly share it (an exception is the unique user name you designate for on2in2 identifying purposes). The information you provide in creating your profile page is voluntary and will be publicly listed on the on2in2 Services unless you opt to keep it private (using Engage privacy settings). In addition, we may use the contact information (e.g. email address, cell phone number) you provide to communicate user service and administrative messages as well as send you newsletters, marketing or promotional materials via email unless you opt-out (using email subscription preference settings).
It is, therefore, recommended you thoughtfully consider the level of online disclosure and interaction you wish to engage before selecting communication preference settings and signing up for email newsletters and notices, and refrain from providing personal information that you consider confidential within your Engage profile. Tools are provided to allow all on2in2 users to update, modify or delete their Engage account and profile information and permanently deactivate an account at any time as well as “unsubscribe” from on2in2 email marketing and promotional related messaging.
2) Your Communications and Posts. The information you provide within your posts, comments, messages, and online chats within the Engage social network will be publicly and quickly circulated. Therefore, we suggest you use restraint when providing personal information in both your online and offline communications and activities, avoid disclosing information you consider sensitive or confidential, and use the privacy setting tools available.
When registered Engage users post comments on an On2In2™ website post or page, the data shown in the comments form is collected as well as the user IP address and browser user agent string to help identify spammers.
If you upload photos to your posts, activities, or profile, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS). Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
3) Contact Forms and Emails. If you choose to contact On2In2™ using the contact form on our Contact page or an email sent directly to Zeester Media LLC (firstname.lastname@example.org), the data and information you provide will not be stored by us, nor passed to or processed by third party data processors. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us via Network Solutions LLC, a third party email services provider.
The emails exchanged between you and On2In2™ or Zeester Media LLC are not encrypted. We recommend you always consider email as an insecure medium and not include personal, confidential or otherwise sensitive information within any email communication.
4) Email Newsletters. If you choose to sign up to receive the On2in2™ “Get More Fun” email newsletter, the email address you provide to us will be forwarded to MailChimp, a third party service provider, who provides us with email marketing services.
The email address you provide for delivery of email newsletters will not be stored within an On2In2™ database or in any On2In2™ internal computer system. Instead, your email address will remain within the MailChimp database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the newsletter list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters sent to you by On2In2™.
5) Website Visitation Tracking. As with most websites, On2In2™ uses third-party service providers, Google Analytics (GA) and Bing Webmaster Tools (Bing), to track user interaction with on2in2.com. We use the data provided by GA and Bing to determine the number of people using on2in2.com to better understand how they find and use the web pages during their visit. It’s the best resource we have to determine what interests people most, and how we might improve on2in2.com.
Although GA and Bing recorded data include information such as geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of it personally identifies you to us. GA and Bing tracking also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you, but we don’t have access to that information.
GA and Bing use ‘cookies’ to collect data (see subparagraph ‘Cookies’ below). Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA and Bing from tracking any part of your visit to pages within on2in2.com or any other website.
All traffic (transferal of files) between on2in2.com and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
7) Cookies. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to a computer or mobile device that allows a website to “remember” a website visitor’s actions or preferences over time. “Cookies” technology is used in the operation of the On2In2™ website to collect usage information in support of greater efficiency and personalization of on2in2 Services presentation and functionality (e.g. log-in information for user authentication, aggregate usage, user website activity, and web traffic routing). Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from any website you visit by changing the preference options in your browser settings. (Note: If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to fully utilize certain website service functions.)
Registered Engage users and cookies: If you have an Engage account and you log-in, a temporary cookie is set up to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
Also, when you log-in, several other cookies are set up to save your log-in information and your screen display choices. Log-in cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your log-in will continue for two weeks. If you log out of your Engage account, the log-in cookies will be removed.
8) Links to Other Sites. The on2in2 Services may contain links to other third-party websites, online resources and retailers. If you choose to visit a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website or online service, and we may monitor and share information on user interaction with links (e.g. the number of clicks for a specific link). The appearance of a third-party link within on2in2 Services does not imply our endorsement of that third-party, its website, content, product or services, nor is it an endorsement of the third-party’s security, privacy and/or business conduct policies and practices. In fact, other websites and online services may adopt different practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal and non-identifying information. We, therefore, recommend that you read the terms of service and privacy policies of any website or online and mobile service you visit before using the service or providing information. (Read also “Third Party Links, Sites and Services” in the Terms of Service)
9) Embedded Content from Other Sites. On2In2™ articles and posts may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
10) How Long We Retain Your Data.
If a registered Engage user leaves a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For registered Engage users, we store the personal information provided in their user profile. All registered users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username) as well as select privacy preferences. Website administrators can also see and edit that information as well as delete an account.
10) Third Party Service Providers. We may contract with third party companies and individuals for a variety of services, including website hosting, maintenance, data management, consulting and analytics. These third parties may collect information sent by your browser (e.g. cookies) and have access to the information collected by on2in2 for the purpose of performing these services, and are obligated (by law and/or contract) not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen. All are based in the US and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
Bing Webmaster Tools (Privacy statement)
11) Legal and Policy Compliance. We can retain and/or disclose any information (personal and non-identifying) to government or law enforcement officials and private parties as we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion, to comply with a law, regulation, legal process or court order, to protect the rights, safety or security of any person, to prevent or stop activity which may be considered illegal, unethical, legally actionable, or in violation of the Rules, or to protect the rights or property of Zeester Media LLC.
12) Business Transfers. In the event of a corporate divesture, merger, asset sale, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any similar transaction or proceeding, Zeester Media LLC may sell, divest, transfer, assign, or share all the information collected as described in this paragraph 4.
b. Security Protective Measures
1) While we respect your privacy and strive to make on2in2 Services safe and secure for every user by implementing protective measures, we cannot promise you such measures will not at some time be compromised. You understand and acknowledge that we cannot guarantee your privacy and the security of all information, and the information you provide through on2in2 Services (e.g., postings, comments, user profile information) is at your own risk.
2) User Precautions. There are things you can do as safeguards when using websites and social media that can limit the damages caused by security breaches and cybercrimes. Here are some suggestions:
a) Refrain from providing any information you consider confidential or sensitive, and consider the options offered regarding privacy settings and unsubscribing.
b) Do not share specific details about your personal life in posts and other communications, such as your home address, work or vacation schedules, pictures of your home or possessions. Instead, keep the information more generic and non-specific as to date, time, place and who/what/where/when.
c) Respect another on2in2 user’s request concerning privacy and communications.
d) Safeguard your password. Be smart in creating a password that is not easily cracked by making it unique and using a combination of letters, numbers and symbols. Experts also advise that you periodically change your passwords.
e) Pay attention to all your online account activities and be alert to identify theft deceptions and frauds such as “phishing” (emails and telephone calls) which are unsolicited communications appearing to be from legitimate businesses and organizations (such as on2in2, your bank or government agency) and request sensitive information (e.g. passwords, login and account verification information, credit card, bank, ID card numbers). Do not be fooled by these tricksters, and if you see something suspicious or that just doesn’t look right, sound the alarm (if it involves on2in2 users, please let us know). Report the incident to local law enforcement. (Note: In the United States, crimes can be reported online via the “Internet Crime Complaint Center” website http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx )
3) Security Breach Notifications. You will be notified by email or an on2in2 posting of a breach of the security or integrity of stored personal information as required by law and consistent with the investigative requirements of law enforcement and/or system security restoration efforts.
4) Children’s Information. The on2in2 Services are not aimed at children, and not recommended for anyone under the age of 18 years. Any content or forum discussions and/or activities relating to the consumption of alcoholic beverages are not suitable for people under the age of 21 years. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent or is underage and participating in and/or viewing inappropriate discussions or content, please contact us. If we discover underage or inappropriate sharing or activities, we will take steps to remove the child’s personal information and terminate the user account. However, please understand that we do not have the resources, ability or authority to actively monitor and control all user conduct and/or viewing of website content, and under no circumstances can we take responsibility for underage or inappropriate use of on2in2 Services.
5) Privacy and Security Policy Changes. These on2in2 privacy and security policies and practices may be modified from time to time in our sole discretion, and the most current version will govern our handling of privacy and security issues.
Privacy and security policies were last updated on May 20, 2018.